- TripAdvisor ranks Oslo as world’s most expensive city.
- Six European nations are in the top ten; three North American; and one Australian.
TripAdvisor has ranked Oslo right at the top of the list of the world’s most expensive cities in a new survey.
The travel information website valued the costs of one night at a four-star hotel, a short taxi ride and cocktails and dinner for two at €444.49.
The Swiss city of Zurich took second place with a cost of €400.19 per day, while Sweden’s capital Stockholm was third with a cost of €399.
New York was the highest North American country on the list with a cost of €394.39 in fourth place. The top five was rounded out by Paris at €391.
Sydney is the Australian continent’s most expensive destination at €352 per day.
The Times Best City 2016, London, was seventh on the list, with an average daily spend of €345, followed by a third Nordic destination on the list in the form of Copenhagen at €339.1.
North America rounded out the top ten with Cancun and Punta Cana with daily averages of €337.1 and 332.9 respectively.
Latest posts by Maria Sinnott (see all)
- Aer Lingus moves Shannon-Heathrow flight time to aid businesses - January 10, 2017
- Belinda Vazquez to replace Chris Logan as head of Falcon, Thomson and Crystal in Ireland - January 10, 2017
- Dublin slips to 4th fastest growing large airport in ACI European airport league - January 10, 2017
- Ireland 9th overall & 3rd in Europe in Rough Guide readers 2017 destination list - January 10, 2017
- Aer Lingus owner IAG group carries 100.6m passengers in 2016, Air France KLM carry 93.44m - January 9, 2017