- Turkish load factor 85.6pc
Turkish Airlines achieved the highest monthly load factor in its history with 85.6pc.
According to August 2018 Traffic Results;
- The passenger growth trend continued in August, thus total number of passengers carried went up by 2.4pc reaching 7.6m passengers, and Load Factor went up to 86pc.
- In August 2018, Total Load Factor improved by 1.3, with a minimal increase of 0.5pc in capacity (Available Seat Kilometer), while international Load Factor increased by 1.1 points to 85.3pc, domestic Load Factor increased by 2.4 points to 87.6pc.
- Excluding international-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers), number of international passengers went up by 3.4pc
- In August, cargo/mail volume continued the double digit growth trend and increased by 21pc, compared to the same period of 2017. Main contributors to the growth in cargo/mail volume, are N. America with 32% increase, Europe with 24pc increase, Far East with 22pc increase and Middle East with 18pc increase.
- In August, Africa, Far East, Domestic Lines and N. America showed load factor growth of 3.1 points, 2.3 points, 2.2 points and 2.1 points, respectively.
According to the January-August 2018 Traffic Results;
- During January-August, increase in demand and total number of passengers was 12pc and 13pc, respectively, over the same period of last year. Total number of passengers reached to 51 million.
- During January-August, total Load Factor improved by 3.4 points up to 82pc. While international Load Factor increased by approximately 4 points exceeding 81%, domestic Load Factor went up by 2 points exceeding 85%, thus recording the highest load factor in Turkish Airlines history for the period of January-August.
- Excluding international-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers), number of international passengers went up significantly by 16pc.
- Cargo/mail carried during the seven months increased by 26pc and reached 898 thousand tons,