United Airlines has marked 20 years of its service between Dublin Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport. Since its launch in June 1998, the service has carried over 2.7m customers on more than 17,000 flights.
The gate ceremony follows the recent similar event, marking 20 years between Shannon Airport and Newark, carrying over 1.9m customers on more than 13,500 flights.
“We are extremely proud to mark two decades of our nonstop service from Dublin to New York/Newark and thank our valued customers and the travel trade community across Ireland for choosing United,” said Bob Schumacher, United Airlines’ Managing Director Sales for Britain and Ireland.
“Since 1998, our service has allowed our Irish customers to take advantage of our extensive route network from our New York/Newark hub that today offers almost 80 nonstop connections across the US, Canada, Central America and Mexico.”
Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison said “United Airlines is an important customer and I want to acknowledge its commitment to Dublin Airport and its Newark route since it started. We have worked closely with our friends at United fostering strong relationships and we were delighted to see its route network go from strength to strength with the addition of Washington and Chicago in recent years. United Airlines has carried a total of 3.5m passengers on its three routes from Dublin Airport during those 20 years.”
Flight UA22 departs from Dublin daily at 9:20am, arriving at Newark at 11:35am the same day. The return flight departs from New York/Newark at 7:35pm, arriving in Dublin at 7:05am the next day.The flights are operated by Boeing 777-200 aircraft with a total of 364 seats – 28 flat-bed seats in United Polaris business class and 336 seats in United Economy, including 102 Economy Plus seats.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Pilot punches, IALPA back into battle after failing to disrupt Ryanair schedule - July 15, 2018
- Shannon Airport welcomes home local hero who helped save trapped Thai cave students - July 13, 2018
- Fáilte Ireland appoints Paddy Matthews to head up its Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands brand - July 10, 2018
- Transatlantic traffic jumps 16pc in record June at Dublin Airport - July 10, 2018
- Former Bus Éireann Chief Executive takes over as boss of retailer Aer Rianta International - July 9, 2018