Sheen Falls Lodge are hosting a French Fine Wine & Dining evening taking place on Saturday, September 24th, in Kenmare, on the Wild Atlantic Way.
This package is priced from €425 based on 2 people sharing in a ‘classic room’ and includes:
- A Bed & Breakfast overnight stay
- Champagne reception
- Wine tasting
This one-night package includes award-winning Chef Philip Brazil’s French-inspired menu, chosen to complement each wine. Upon arrival, there is a Lanson champagne reception before moving on to the wines of the evening:
Tariquet Cote 2014. A family-run business since 1912, this wine finds its roots in Domaine Tariquet in the heart of Bas-Armagnac Region. Tariquet Cote is the perfect blend of Sauvignon and Chardonnay that boasts a trace of acidity and minerals, but with fresh fruits to tantalise the tastebuds.
Those in favour of fresh Chablis will enjoy a glass of William Fevre 2014. Since 1959, the Domaine William Fevre have been producing some of the world’s most elegant Chablis. Light, fresh and unforgettable.
For something more full-bodied, Lynch-Moussas 2003 Grand Cru Classé Pauillac is an outstanding wine. Somewhat richer, a delightful hint of Tobacco and cassis dance lightly on the nose, while underneath you’ll find a more complex of black cherries with a long finish.
For dessert, there’s no more suitable accompaniment than the Jurançon Chateau de Navailles 2010, a delicate, sweet wine from the South-West of France, with aromas of pineapple and mango allowing for a tropical twist, along with hints of flowers.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- EgyptAir announce Dublin-Cairo 4w year-round with A320 from June 5 - January 13, 2020
- Aer Lingus passenger numbers up 2.4pc to 11.6m in 2019 - January 10, 2020
- Irish travel industry honours 132 suppliers in shortlist for 2020 awards - January 10, 2020
- Willie Walsh will retire as CEO of IAG on June 30 - January 9, 2020
- Travel Solutions appoints Philip Pentland Head of Commercial. - January 6, 2020