- Prices rise on Wednesday
- Twice as many price drops on Thursday
You should always book a cruise on Thursdays. CruiseWatch.com analysed 600,000 cruise price and say there are twice as much price drops on Thursdays than on the slowest day, Sunday.
Wednesday seems to be the day of price hikes. It is by far the single day with the most price increases for cruises. Thirty-four percent more price hikes happen on a Wednesday than any other day of the week. Weekends, on the other hand, are generally quiet. There are significantly less price drops or price hikes happening on Saturdays and Sundays, with Sunday being the quietest day.
Britta Bernhard, a cruise enthusiast and cofounder of CruiseWatch.com said “Cruise prices fluctuate with demand and supply. Most people do not realize that they can save massive amounts of money by booking at the right time. When a sailing is not sold out, most cruise lines will discount the cabins rather than sailing empty. These price drops can make for some incredible deals. But you need to find them and book quickly.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020