- EU referendum result causes cancellation
- Conference scheduled for Marseille
CLIA Britain & Ireland has blamed the EU referendum result for the cancelation of its first overseas conference, which was due to take place in Marseille in October.
The cruise association said the Cruise360 Marseille event would be re-arranged for 2017.
Andy Harmer said: “After much consideration, the decision has been made to postpone Cruise360 Marseille. We are very disappointed that the event will not be taking place in 2016 and are now working closely with those who have already registered. We would like to thank our travel agent members and sponsors for their support and understanding, and look forward to working with them next year.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019