Travel Extra editor Kevin Flanagan visits the Spanish island of Ibiza and finds there is much to do to truly immerse yourself in its culture
I always thought of Ibiza as a party island, but my mind was radically changed last week when I visited the island and experienced a level of food, wine and activity that was truly amazing!
We had food that would make a Michelin-starred restaurant green with envy. All local ingredients are typically grown in the garden we overlooked, as we sat savouring the delights! Can Mussonet restaurant was our first stop and it rivalled the 3-Michelin stars I have been honoured to eat in.
This was followed by a staggering lunch at Agroturismo Can Curreu. But there is more than just sublime food in this undiscovered Ibiza.
For example, a boat excursion to enjoy the sunset on the west coast of the island:
A Hierbas Ibicencas liquor workshop at Finca Fluxà:
We also visited the old city (Dalt Vila), which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999, with its renaissance walls, narrow streets, white houses and cosy squares. Then, there was the yoga class at our hotel, the 5-Star Aguas de Ibiza Grand Luxe. As well as a guided excursion with e-bikes through natural paths and landscapes around the north area of Ibiza, and kayaking with Paolo dell’Agnolo (Tel. +34 629 523 471) around Es Figueral beach.
We even managed to get cooking during a Flaó workshop, making an Ibizan dessert with a traditional recipe.
Visit this hidden Ibiza as soon as you can. I promise you will be blown away!
For info on the hotel, visit aguasdeibiza.com
Latest posts by Clodagh Dooley (see all)
- Travel Extra’s top deals of the week - July 15, 2022
- Summertime in Malta! - July 12, 2022
- Finnair celebrates the 70th anniversary of its home hub Helsinki Airport and resumes flights to Hong Kong - July 4, 2022
- Discover a taste of Italy at the Culloden Estate and Spa with new ‘Gin and Gelato’ experience - June 29, 2022
- Experience Brisbane and the iconic A380 aircraft with Emirates from Dublin via Dubai - June 27, 2022