Harry Hwang, UNWTO, speaks with Kevin Flanagan, Editor of Travel Extra, about supporting the tourism business in the Canary Islands and shares his advice for Irish people thinking of travelling
When Kevin Flanagan got an invitation to travel to the Canary Islands in July, he discovered a new world of travel that includes masks, temperature checks and social distancing.
On his travels, he met Harry Hwang, Deputy Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific at the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO). Harry was with the UNWTO in the Canary Islands, July 2020, as part of a delegation of UNWTO delegates with the Canary Islands government tourist board and the Spanish government.
In this video, Harry speaks to Kevin about the challenges and impact of Covid-19 on travel, his advice for Irish travellers and getting confidence back into the market, while Covid-19 is still about.
Latest posts by Clodagh Dooley (see all)
- Travel industry and Irish stars celebrate 10 years of Emirates in Ireland - March 10, 2022
- Join RTÉ lyric fm’s Marty Whelan for a night at the opera in Tuscany - March 8, 2022
- MSC Cruises suspends calls to St Petersburg - March 1, 2022
- Sligo Park Hotel becomes No.1 Sligo hotel on TripAdvisor - February 24, 2022
- Trabolgan Holiday Village to give away 130 free weekend holidays to frontline workers and their families across Ireland - February 19, 2022