- Record 21 restaurants in Ireland awarded stars
- Aimsir and Patrick Guilbaud’s two stars
- Greenhouse moves form one to two stars
- Liath retains star held by Heron & Grey
Jordan Bailey’s Aimsir based at the Cliff at Lyons, Ardclough, Co Kildare won two Michelin Stars usb months after opening.
Aimsir recently won awards from Food and Wine magazine and the Georgina Campbell restaurant of the year award in Dublin.
Enda McEvoy’s Loam won the Sustainability Award 2020 and Jurica Gojevic of Adare Manor won the Sommelier award for Ireland and Britain at the awards ceremony in Hurlingham Club in Fulham, England.
Four new stars were awarded to Bastion in Kinsale, Muddler’s Club beside the Duke of York in Belfast, Oak Room in Adare and Variety Jones in Thomas St in Dublin.
Ireland’s fun list of 21 Michelin Star restaurants:
- ADARE Mike Tweedie’s Oak Room (since 2019)
- ARDCLOUGH Jordan Bailey’s Aimsir at Cliff at Lyons (two stars since 2019)
- ARDMORE: Martijn Kajuiter’s Cliff House (since 2010)
- BALLYDEHOB: Rob Krawczyk’s Restaurant Chestnut (since 2018)
- BALTIMORE: Ahmet Dede’s Mews (since 2019).
- BELFAST: Michael Deane’s Eipic in Belfast (since 2016)
- Gareth McCaughey’s Muddler’s Club (since 2019)
- Stephen Toma’s Oxx (since 2016),
- CORK: Takashi Miyazaki’s Ichigo Ichie (since 2018).
- DUBLIN: Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud in the Merrion Hotel (one star 1990-5, two Michelin stars since 1996),
- Ross Lewis’s Chapter One (since 2007),
- Derry and Sally Clarke’s L’Ecrivain (since 2003),
- Mickael Viljanen’s The Greenhouse (since 2016, two stars since 2019),
- Damien Grey’s Liath in Blackrock (as Heron & Grey 2017-8),
- Keelan Higgs’ Variety Jones in Thomas St
- GALWAY: JP McMahon’s Aniar (since 2013) (2013 Enda McEvoy, 2014 Ultan Cooke, 2015 JP McMahon).
- Enda McEvoy’s Loam (since 2016) (Enda was previously chef with Aniar),
- KILKENNY: Cormac Rowe’s Lady Helen (since 2014).
- Gareth Byrne’s Campagne (since 2014)
- KINSALE: Paul McDonald’s Bastion (since 2019)
- LISDOONVARNA: Aidan McGrath’s Wild Honey Inn (since 2018).
In Ireland, 25 restaurants have previously held Michelin Stars:
- AHAKISTA: Kei Pilz’s Shiro Co Cork (2001),
- ANNAMOE: Peter Robinson’s Armstrong’s Bar Co Wicklow (1977),
- BALLYCONNEELY: Stefan Matz’s Erriseask House (2000-1)
- BALLYLICKEY: Ballylickey House Co Cork (1975),
- BALLYMALOE: Myrtle Allen’s Ballymaloe House (1975-80),
- BANGOR: Robbie Millar’s Shanks (1996-2005)
- BELFAST: Michael Deane’s (2001-10),
- Paul Rankin’s Roscoff (1991-8),
- CASHEL: Hans Peter Matthiae’s Chez Hans (1983),
- Declan Ryan’s Cashel Palace Hotel (1982-3),
- CLARE: Jean Baptiste Molinar’s Dromoland Castle (1995)
- CORK: Declan and Michael Ryan’s Arbutus Lodge (1974-83, 1987-8),
- DUBLIN: Aiden Byrne’s The Commons (2002),
- Rory Carville’s Locks Brasserie in Dublin (2013)
- Dylan McGrath’s Mint in Ranelagh, Dublin (2008-9)
- Conrad Gallagher’s Peacock Alley (originally in Baggot Street and then in FitzWiliam hotel Dublin 1998, 2001-2),
- Kevin Thornton’s originally on Portobello Road then in Fitzwilliam Hotel (1996-2015
- Matt Dowling’s Russell Hotel in Dublin (1974),
- GILFORD Co Down: Barry Smyth’s The Oriel (2004-5)
- HELEN’s BAY: Dean’s on the Square (1997),
- KENMARE Park Hotel 1983-90 and 1994-9 (Colin O’Daly 1983-1985, Brian Cleere 1994-5, Bruno Schmidt(1996-7 and Matthew d’Arcy 1998-9)
- Fergus Moore’s Sheen Falls (1993-8),
- MALAHIDE Oliver Dunne’s Bon Appétit in Malahide (2008-15)
- NAVAN Catherine Healy’s Dunderry Lodge (1986-9)
- STRAFFAN Michel Flamme’s K Club (1993-4).
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Club Travel to take over Atlas Travel - December 3, 2019
- Ryanair passengers up 6pc to record 11m in November - December 3, 2019
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019