- 7 ships lined up for CLIA reivercrusie conference
- Amsterdam on November 20-21
Tickets are now on sale for the sixth CLIA River Cruise Conference which will showcase seven ships and include a trade fair and conference sessions.
The seven ships include four which are making their debut at the event: Amadeus Silver III, Tauck’s Grace, Riviera Travel’s William Shakespeare, and Emerald Dawn. Also present will be Uniworld’s Antoinette, CroisiEurope’s Lafayette, and Shearing’s Da Vinci. CLIA predict attendance of more than 275 delegates, of which around 200 will be travel agents.
The first River Cruise Excellence Awards will be presented on Saturday 19th November, aboard Taucks’ Inspiration Class ship, with the award categories being: best river cruise newcomer; best overall performance north and south; best marketing promotion- online, retail and homeworker; river cruise ambassador of the year; and 2016 CLIA river cruise agent of the year.
Andy Harmer, CLIA Europe VP Operations said: “We have seen many river ships launched in the past year with more to come. There is so much investment being made in new, innovative ships and the ever-increasing choice and diversity of itineraries in Europe and further afield means it’s no surprise that more UK passengers than ever are opting for river cruises as their holiday choice. The River Conference offers travel agents a unique opportunity to see firsthand so many different styles of river ship and to hear from key speakers on the latest industry developments. And I’m delighted that our first ever River Cruise Awards will recognise innovation, expertise and an overall contribution to the success of this sector.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020