- Fan zones to show promotion for Ireland
- One island, two teams, features iconic tourism images
- Video will reach 1.6m fans in public areas
Tourism Ireland launched a Euro 2016 campaign video (watch here) to target fans converging on Paris from across Europe for the first 24-team European soccer championship finals.
Using the theme of “one island, two teams” the video will run at key times throughout the tournament on giant screens in official fan zones to a potential 1.6m soccer followers.
Up to 90,000 supporters per day are expected to be accommodated at the Paris fan zone, which will be at the Champs-de-Mars green space within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower.
The fan zone at Place des Quincunxes on Bordeaux has a capacity of 60,000 and is billed as the second most important in the country.
The video is available on Tourism Ireland’s social media channels – Facebook (about 3.6m fans), Twitter (346,000 followers) and on YouTube, as well as on Ireland.com (16.6m visits in 2015).
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019