- Fan zones to show promotion for Ireland
- One island, two teams, features iconic tourism images
- Video will reach 1.6m fans in public areas
Tourism Ireland launched a Euro 2016 campaign video (watch here) to target fans converging on Paris from across Europe for the first 24-team European soccer championship finals.
Using the theme of “one island, two teams” the video will run at key times throughout the tournament on giant screens in official fan zones to a potential 1.6m soccer followers.
Up to 90,000 supporters per day are expected to be accommodated at the Paris fan zone, which will be at the Champs-de-Mars green space within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower.
The fan zone at Place des Quincunxes on Bordeaux has a capacity of 60,000 and is billed as the second most important in the country.
The video is available on Tourism Ireland’s social media channels – Facebook (about 3.6m fans), Twitter (346,000 followers) and on YouTube, as well as on Ireland.com (16.6m visits in 2015).
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019