- Yacht-like feel after refurb
- teak to be added to restaurants
- Hand woven carpet
Silversea Cruises is to spend $170m refreshing the look of its fleet, as well as adding some modern touches. An upgrade project will begin with three ships in 2016,.
Classic cruise ships Silver Whisper and Silver Wind and expedition ship Silver Discoverer will be the first to be refurbished.
Silver Whisper will be refurbished by the end of 2016 to get the ship ready for its 2017 world cruise.
- Suites will be fitted with dark emperor marble floors in the bathrooms.
- The sun deck will get a newly tiled pool and new loungers.
- The Restaurant and La Terrazza will receive new furniture and carpet or hard-wood parquet.
- Two new satellite antennas will increase Internet speeds. Interactive TVs and on-demand movies will be added to every cabin.
Silver Wind will be refurbished during an October 2016 dry dock.
- Upgrades as with Silver Whisper to cabins, technology and restaurants.
- The pool deck will receive all new teak decking to offer a yacht-like feel.
Silver Discoverer will be refurbished during an October 2016 dry dock.
- Focus will be on public spaces. The Restaurant will be remodeled with a more modern look, the pool grill will get new furniture and the Discoverer Lounge will be remade from a breakfast venue into an upscale lounge.
- The Explorer Lounge will receive new AV technology and furniture.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019