- Aer Lingus launch new route from Dublin to Hartford, Connecticut.
- It is the third trans-Atlantic route launched by the airline this year, following on from Los Angeles and Newark.
Wednesday saw the launch of Aer Lingus’ inaugural flight to Hartford, Connecticut at Dublin Airport.
The route will operate year round and comes hot on the heels of Aer Lingus’ new route launch to Newark.
Hartford is the capital of Connecticut, and is often referred to as the insurance capital of the world, due to its housing of many insurance company headquarters; insurance also being the region’s major industry.
Hartford also plays home to the Mark Twain House where the author wrote his most famous works and close by in Newhaven is Yale University – one of the most prestigious Ivy League Universities.
The launch is the third of three new Aer Lingus routes to the US launched this year, the earlier mentioned Newark route and also a new route to Los Angeles. The three routes mark the largest trans-Atlantic expansion of the airline since it began operating a trans-Atlantic service in 1958. The three routes are part of Aer Lingus’ growth strategy to use Dublin Airport as a gateway airport for US travel; key to this strategy is the convenience of US Customs and Border Protection services at Dublin Airport.
Fares on the route are priced at €219 for travel between November 2016 and March 2017.
Stephen Kavanagh, Aer Lingus CEO, said: “We are delighted to commence a direct service between our Dublin gateway and Bradley International Airport, Hartford and to offer a convenient connecting service from major cities across Britain and Europe.
“Whether travelling for business or pleasure we aim to deliver the quality service and competitive prices that have earned us our Skytrax 4-Star airline status.
“I’d like to take the opportunity to thank all the state representatives, business and community leaders who have supported Aer Lingus to date and we look forward to making this route a success for all involved.”
Vincent Harrison, Dublin Airport managing director, said: “We are delighted to welcome Aer Lingus’ new service to Hartford, which adds another North American destination to the airline’s extensive Dublin Airport route network.
“Hartford is the sixth new trans-Atlantic route that Aer Lingus has launched at Dublin over the past five years and we look forward to continuing to work closely with them to promote this new service.”
Latest posts by Maria Sinnott (see all)
- Aer Lingus moves Shannon-Heathrow flight time to aid businesses - January 10, 2017
- Belinda Vazquez to replace Chris Logan as head of Falcon, Thomson and Crystal in Ireland - January 10, 2017
- Dublin slips to 4th fastest growing large airport in ACI European airport league - January 10, 2017
- Ireland 9th overall & 3rd in Europe in Rough Guide readers 2017 destination list - January 10, 2017
- Aer Lingus owner IAG group carries 100.6m passengers in 2016, Air France KLM carry 93.44m - January 9, 2017