- Readers’ Choice Awards 2018
- Aer Lingus rated 18 in top twenty
- Results heavily biased towards airlines favoured by US visitors.
Condé Nast Traveller has ranked Aer Lingus 18th among top 20 airlines in the world.
The results were voted by 429,000 print and on line readers of Condé Nast Traveller who chose lists in categories such as the world’s best island (Santorini, Greece), best cruise line (Crystal for more than 500 passengers and Seaburn for fewer than 500), top hotel in the world (La Mamounia, Marrakech, Morocco) and Europe (Baur au Lac Zurich, Switzerland). Adare and Doonbeg were listed 4th and 10th in Europe’s top ten resorts.
Conde Nast said: Although it is now part of the giant British Airways-Iberia group, IAG, Aer Lingus—the smallest of the three full-service lines—has a distinctly more boutique feel. With its affordable fares and the growing popularity of Dublin as a destination, the airline’s U.S. presence continues to expand, with up to 16 daily flights across the pond during peak season; Philadelphia and Minneapolis are the latest U.S. additions to its route map. Also popular with American travellers is the Customs pre-clearance program at Dublin and Shannon, which lets returning fliers clear formalities and arrive stateside as if they were traveling domestically. Add on a recent upgrade of its business class, which now features fully flat beds, and it’s little wonder this airline has become a hit with road warriors and leisure travellers alike. See here.
Top airlines in the world
- Air New Zealand
- Aegean Airlines
- Korean Air
- Virgin Atlantic
- Cathay Pacific
- EVA Air
- SAS Scandinavian
- Air France
- Aer Lingus
- British Airways
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020