- Man was shot and killed at Will Rogers Airport
- All incoming and outbound flights suspended
- Oklahoma police evacuating the airport
Will Rogers airport was placed “on lockdown” five hours ago following the death of Michael Winchester, an employee of Southwest Airlines, with all incoming and outbound flights suspended. Those inside the airport began being evacuated two hours ago, following a period where they were advised to ‘shelter in place’.
Police advise those who are travelling via the airport to contact their airline for further information. The streets around the airport have been blocked to accommodate the evacuation.
Captain Paco Balderrama of the Oklahoma Police: “We’ve located one victim, and we’re looking for a second reported victim”
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020