- East Midlands: Operated by Ryanair, dep 8.20am Mon, 9.10am Wed (April 5-October 25)
- Ibiza: Operated by Ryanair, dep Wed 14.30, Sun 15.20 (April 7-October 23)
Shannon Airport has launched two new 2w flights to both Ibiza and East Midlands Airport.
Ryanair will operate the Ibiza service every Wednesday and Sunday, with 21,000 seats. The timing and days of week allow for great flexibility for a short or long stay option.
Ryanair has also launched a twice-weekly service to East Midlands, with 22,000 seats. The timing and days of week allow for great flexibility for a weekend break or for a week-long business trip.
Andrew Murphy, Shannon Airport Managing Director, said it is an exciting time for the airport. “Ibiza is a brilliant addition to our summer sun schedule. We have already seen the success of the year-round Ryanair service to Alicante and with other sunshine destinations including Tenerife, Lanzarote, Barcelona-Reus, Fuerteventura, Faro and Malaga.
“East Midlands gives access to the likes of Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, all of which have a huge range of things to do and see, very interesting heritage and vibrant culture.” He said it’s “a real statement about the importance and potential” of the British market, “despite Brexit uncertainty.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019
- Ryanair confirms capacity up 1pc and 4 new routes for Ireland for summer 2020 & 3 winter services to continue - September 25, 2019
- All Thomas Cook flights cancelled at 01.00am September 23rd 2019 - September 23, 2019