Shannon Airport’s Declan Power joined Tourism Ireland in Canada to publicise the airline’s new transatlantic route, which starts in June.
Air Canada’s new, direct flight from Toronto to Shannon was promoted at the event in downtown Toronto. The event, organised by Tourism Ireland, was attended by HE Jim Kelly, Ambassador of Ireland to Canada, around 100 leading Canadian travel journalists and travel agents; as well as senior representatives from the airline.
The service will fly on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays until mid-October using a Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
Air Canada previously pulled a Toronto route it shared with Dublin in 2007.
“We look forward to working closely with Air Canada and Shannon Airport, to maximise the promotion of this new flight and maintain the strong growth momentum.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020