- Tourism minister Shane Ross told industry to ‘get on with it’
- IAG CEO Wilie Walsh responds in style
Shane Ross told the attendance at the Irish Tourism Industry awards that the industry would thrive in 2019, despite the fact that his government had raised the VAT rate form 9pc to 13.5pc.
He said: Your greatest success will be proven when you can, and you will, cope with the VAT increase. You don’t look to me like people who will lie down and accept, you are going to take the tourism industry forward and I have every confidence you are going to do that.
But Willie Walsh, the CEO of IAG, was having none of it. He opened his speech, accepting a special recognition award, by responding to the minister to the acclaim of the gathered guests.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020