- Where it’s hiring:
- Food, beverage and retail
- Leisure; housekeeping; technical services and support roles.
- Roles range from an accountant to a bus driver as well as, chefs, receptionists, beauty therapists, lifeguards, baristas, bike mechanics, water sports assistants and climbing instructors.
- 1,000 permanent jobs to be in place at Longford resort which opens in summer 2019.
Job seekers attended the first of Center Parcs’ recruitment information days in Longford as the resort looks to fill 1,000 permanent jobs.
Senior management briefed job-seekers on the recruitment process at the €233m Center Parcs Longford Forest resort.
Prospective job candidates also met a 30-strong team of current Center Parcs employees hailing from all parts of the business and its five successful resorts in Britain. The event was officially opened by Business Minister Heather Humphreys.
Attendees learned what it will take to become a lifeguard at the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, which will be Ireland’s largest indoor swimming complex, or what’s involved in being a Forest Ranger taking care of the beautiful 400-acre woodland in which the resort is situated.
Minister Heather Humphreys, said: “It is fantastic to see the Midlands benefitting from the influx of an unprecedented 1,000 jobs. The careers on offer here today provide a generation of people in Longford and beyond with the opportunity to work and live at home here in the Midlands with their families.”
Daragh Feighery, General Manager of Center Parcs Longford Forest, said: “The turnout for the first of our recruitment open day has bowled us over and we are so grateful to the people of the Midlands for their ongoing support as we start to focus on the main recruitment phase of our project. All interested candidates should check in on to make sure they stay up to date on the opportunities on offer as they are advertised.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020