- Club Travel already Ireland’s largest agency
- Atlas travel operating since 1967
Liam Lonergan’s Club Travel are to take over Stephen McKenna’s Atlas Travel group, reinforcing Club’s position as Ireland’s largest travel agency.
Atlas Travel was founded by Stephen’s father Andy McKenna in San Francisco in 1967, expanded to Ireland in 1972. The Gohop brand, which is not part of the deal, was added in 2002.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Atlantic Travel and Tour America win travel agency of the year awards - January 23, 2020
- EgyptAir announce Dublin-Cairo 4w year-round with A320 from June 5 - January 13, 2020
- Aer Lingus passenger numbers up 2.4pc to 11.6m in 2019 - January 10, 2020
- Irish travel industry honours 132 suppliers in shortlist for 2020 awards - January 10, 2020
- Willie Walsh will retire as CEO of IAG on June 30 - January 9, 2020