- Dublin Airport had nearly 2.9m passengers in August
- 9pc increase over last year
- Busiest August ever in the airport’s history
Just under 2.9m passengers went through Dublin Airport in what has been the busiest August in the airport’s history.
Passengers travelling and from continental European destinations increased by 8pc with 1.5m destined for Europe. 13pc more people were travelling to British destinations, at 926,000. Travel to North America accounted for 339,000 but increased by only 6pc. Travel to other international destinations, 83,000 people declined by 4pc.
Passenger numbers on domestic routes were 10,000 for an increase in 18pc. 707,000 of those passengers were using Dublin Airport as a hub, and this practise is up 14pc for the first eight months of the year. Overall traffic is up 12pc compared to the same period last year, at 18.8m passengers travelling through Dublin so far this year.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020