Richard Branson’s Virgin Hotels has bought the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, Travel Extra can reveal.
The property, situated off the Vegas Strip, is set to be rebranded as the Virgin Hotel Vegas. Virgin Hotels already operates one US hotel – in Chicago – but further developments are under way in New York City and Nashville, with Miami, Palm Springs, New Orleans and San Francisco also in the pipeline. The Hard Rock in Vegas will be the first land-based casino in the Virgin portfolio.
The Hard Rock is available on Virgin Holidays and the popular resort has a 30,000 sq ft casino, Tahitian-style beach and swimming pool, a nightclub, six restaurants, three cocktail lounges, retail stores, a spa, a poker room, and a music venue.
In the past Mr Branson has said Branson that Vegas is a “mainstay destinations for our travel companies and our customers. Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays, and now Virgin America, have all been bringing happy holidaymakers to Vegas for many years, and I’m sure we’ll continue for a long time to come.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020