London’s Heathrow Airport is continuing to experience some cancellations due to wintry conditions in Britain.
Three late flights to Dublin on Thursday – BA828, EI175 and EI177 – were cancelled. Dublin Airport crew sprayed the main runway during the day, with no impact on flights during the process.
Met Eireann is predicting cold but bright weather on Friday, with snow on high ground.
Britain’s Met Office has warned that Friday will bring “frequent snow showers, mostly around exposed coasts and hills, and the southeast at first. Windy, with severe gales in the east”.
The cold snap in Europe has seen some of the coldest temperatures in decades, with Poland, Bulgaria and Romania badly hit.
We’re spraying our main runway as a preventative measure should temperatures drop further. No impact on flights #coldspell
— Dublin Airport (@DublinAirport) January 12, 2017
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020