A familiar face from travel trade past has been busy this year raising funds for impoverished families this Christmas.
Brian Ingarfield, head of Fundraising and Communication at the Dublin Simon Community, visited Microsoft Ireland in Sandyford, Dublin, after the tech giant’s employees donated €30,000 and hundreds of gifts to the organisation.
Brian is best known to many in the travel trade for his time with Mary McKenna at Tour America, where he was General Manager from 2005 to 2012.
He left to take up a new challenge with CarTrawler in Dublin as Chief Product Officer, rising to Chief Customer Officer, before moving to the Dublin Simon charity four years later.
During the month of December Microsoft employees have been fundraising for the Dublin Simon Community, and in addition made gift donations for families that Simon Community support.
Microsoft has also been working with the Simon Community to support the organisation’s digital transformation efforts and its ambition to become a paperless organisation. Microsoft has been delivering training to employees of Simon Community as well as introducing the right technologies into the organisation to prepare them for introduction of new systems in January.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020