Ponant’s L’Austral, which visited Dublin recently, reports that 23 passengers were rescued when an excursion boat used for a shore tour sank at Ilulissat Icefjord off the coast of Greenland.
Celebrity Cruises will have shorter four and five day sailings in the Caribbean, starting in early 2018. Celebrity Equinox will sail the Caribbean from Miami year-round, beginning summer 2017
Cruisescapes and Fred Olsen Cruise Lines launched fares for their KIllybegs to Canada cruise, depart September 7. The 14 night cruise visits three provinces in Canada before return to Ireland and disembarking in Belfast. Oceanview cabins available from €1,789pp. Single occupancy with oceanview is available from €2,689. Prices include coach transfer from Belfast to Killybegs after the cruise.
A woman reportedly fell overboard on a Royal Caribbean cruise from Japan to China. She survived after floating in the sea for over 38 hours.
Andrej Malic bartender onboard Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Millennium won the battle to become the best bartender on the ocean at the Diageo 396 Bar in Miami. Judged by a panel of the industry’s elite experts including Julio Cabrera, David Molina, and Marcy Rudershausen of Diageo. The 27-year-old Bosnian Andrej prevailed with his showmanship, creativity and technique, and his signature serve ‘Old Spice Fashion’ featuring Bulleit Bourbon. He will now go forward to represent cruise liners at the Bartender of the Year Competition in Miami on September 25 – 29 against 59 of the world’s best bartenders.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019