Insight Vacations‘ Director of Sales, Paul Melinis, is to leave the Travel Corporation brand to join APT as its new regional managing director.
The move is being seen as a push by escorted touring and river cruise operator APT to bolster its commitment to the British market.
Melinis will now be responsible for accelerating growth of APT’s touring and cruise business in Europe directly and through trade partnerships.
Melinis, who is deputy chairman of the Association of Touring & Adventure Suppliers, said: “I’m looking forward to taking the business to the next level.”
Kathryn Beadle, who retired last October as British Managing Director of TTC company Uniworld Boutique River Cruises, said she was “thrilled for Paul – great appointment”. Andy Harmer, Director of Cruise Organisation Clia, tweeted: “Hearty congratulations to the splendid Paul Melinis – we very much look forward to working with you”.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020