- 9 gold counsellors in Ireland
- Highest proportion in world
- Powerscourt hosted 120 gold Travel Counsellors
Travel Counsellors Ireland has the highest percentage of gold members worldwide with 12pc.
The nine Gold Travel Counsellors who maintained their status in Ireland the year were Dublin-based Roger Barrett and Robert Kiernan; Cork’s Mary Foyle and Sarah McCarthy; Meath-based Mandy Walsh and Lorraine Lawless; Rosemary Chawke from Tipperary; Emer McDermott from Mayo and Susan Hegarty from Carlow.
The five-star Powerscourt Hotel hosted 120 of the company’s ‘Gold’ Travel Counsellors, senior management and sponsors at an event attended by Travel Counsellors CEO Steve Byrne, event sponsors Celebrity Cruises, Emirates, Seabourn, Rocky Mountaineer, Sun Resorts and Flexible Autos. After dinner speaker was Dragon’s Den investor Chanelle McCoy.
Travel Counsellors Ireland will return to Powerscourt Hotel for its annual conference on April 4-5 when 170 travel professionals will attend the two-day annual conference, concluding with a black-tie gala awards ceremony on Friday, April 5.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019