- Visits to Germany up 7.pc
- Ireland’s event most importune outbound market
Visits from Ireland to Germany rose 7.6pc in 2018 to 234,381 arrivals and 536,733 overnights. German visitor overnights overall rose 5pc .The federal states of Bavaria, Berlin, Baden-Wurttemberg, North-Rhine Westphalia and Hesse were most popular. Bavaria saw the highest increase for visitors from Ireland.
During 2019, the German National Tourist Board will be celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Bauhaus, the visionary arts, design and architecture movement which started in Weimar in 1919, the influence of which can still be seen around the world to this day.
The German National Tourist Board recently launched its ‘German Summer Cities’ campaign to promote the appeal of Germany as a summer destination – from its picture-book lakes and mountains, to long, sandy coastlines or the inspiring activities and summer events to be found in Germany’s cities.
Beatrix Haun, director of the GNTO London office covering Ireland and Bbritain (pictured) commented: “Ireland is a very special source markets for Germany, with many mutual cultural and lifestyle associations. The increase seen in 2018’s year end figures demonstrates the on-going appeal of Germany as a year-round destination and we hope our campaigns for 2019 will prove equally popular. We arre looking forward to welcoming even more visitors from Ireland and the UK to Germany in future”.
Germany is Ireland’s seventh most important outbound market after Spain, England, France, Usa, Italy and Portugal.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019
- Ryanair confirms capacity up 1pc and 4 new routes for Ireland for summer 2020 & 3 winter services to continue - September 25, 2019
- All Thomas Cook flights cancelled at 01.00am September 23rd 2019 - September 23, 2019