- Lee Travel to take over the bookings of Heffernans Travel
- Cork based agency closed after 90 years
- CAR suspended Heffernans’ license on October 3
- Will reopen under Lee Travel management on October 22
Lee Travel are taking over the bookings of Heffernans Travel which ceased trading on Wednesday October 3 and intend to re-open the business on October 22nd, after the creditor’s meeting has taken place.
Suppliers have been asked to compile a listing of imminent bookings travelling in the coming weeks and for whom you have not received full payment as of yet so that Lee Travel can prioritise the administration of those bookings in order to minimise any disruption caused.
They have been asked to hold off cancelling any forward bookings unilaterally and if you absolutely have to, at least provide Lee Travel with a grace period of a few days to facilitate them prioritizing the taking over of those same bookings.
Declan O’Connell, managing director of Lee Travel said: I have met with the liquidator and the staff and that went very well. The liquidator confirmed that I cannot reopen the office until after the creditors meeting which is 18 Oct so I am planning on reopening on Monday 22 Oct. With regards to suppliers I had a call with Cathy Mannion in CAR last week and she is happy for me to continue with reference to the bond but I need to speak to them again today to clarify where I am with taking on forward bookings. My intention is to pay/charge all appropriate suppliers once I get the form signed. The Heffernans staff are preparing these files so I will know the extent of the situation.
See Commission of Aviation notice here.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020