- martin McKenna joins Sara Slattery
- Travelguru had 3.6m visits in 2017.
- Travel Expert has had 1m views
Martin McKenna, developer of Travelguru is now working with Sarah Slattery‘s TheTravelExpert.ie and has agreed to help with the aggressive growth strategy she has planned.
Martin McKenna (27) spent three years in Germany, and, accoridng to Sarah, established himself as one of Ireland’s most exciting and forward thinking marketers in the travel industry, through his management of Holidayguru, which had 3.6m visits in 2017.
Formerly a travel agent with Skytours, Sarah launched The Travel Expert.ie from the kitchen table in January 2015 armed with only a laptop and mobile phone. She says thousands are signing up to The Travel Expert weekly newsletter since its inception, over 35,000 followers on social media platforms, more than 1m page views and 500,000 site users to date.
Martin McKenna said: “I am really passionate about Independent travel blogs and high quality content. When the chance to team up with Sarah arose, I was delighted to come on board. The story behind the brand is fantastic and her passion for travel is clearly representative in her work. Judging by the numbers, it’s obvious that the public have a huge appetite for the content the website is providing. “
Sarah Slattery said “The Travel Expert has huge potential as both its Irish and international audiences continue to grow and I know that he will be an essential part of the business strategy we have developed.”
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Ryanair up 8pc in August, set to become Europe’s first 150m pa airline - September 3, 2019
- EL AL to fly Dublin to Tel Aviv 3w year round from May 26 - August 28, 2019
- Ryanair growth rate back to 9pc after year of falters with record 14.8m passengers in July - August 6, 2019
- Superbreak and Laterooms ceases trading - August 1, 2019
- Ryanair turns on Boeing as quarterly profits dip by a quarter - July 29, 2019