- 12 ship visits in three ports
- 9 on Crown Princess in Dublin & Cobh from May to September
- 2 on Regal Princess in Dublin and Cobh in September
- 1 on Pacific Princess in Waterford in September.
Princess Cruises will host what it calls its largest ever Ireland ship visit programme in 2019 with 350 places for agents during 12 separate ship visits in Dublin, Cork and Waterford. Nine visits will take place on the 3,080-passenger Crown Princess, in Dublin and Cobh from May to September, two on the 3,560-passenger Regal Princess in Dublin and Cobh during early September and one on the 670-passenger Pacific Princess in Waterford in September.
The 2019 programme includes two themed ‘Camp Discovery’ days where agents and their families will be able to experience the onboard facilities aimed at young cruisers. Both visits will take place on Crown Princess during the school summer holidays in July and August, showcasing the ship as well as its youth centres, which have been designed in partnership with the Discovery Channel.
Regal Princess, and from July, Crown Princess, will be fully Ocean Medallion-activated for agent visits. The Medallion is a complimentary, automated piece of technology, the same size as a 10p piece, given to each guest that enables features such as keyless stateroom access and quicker and easier embarkation and disembarkation. It is replacing the traditional ‘cruise card’ across the Princess fleet.
Rebecca Kelly, Princess Cruises’ senior sales manager Ireland, said: “We have seen a surge in demand for ship visits across the country so have increased the number of spaces available year on year to show our continued commitment to the Irish market. With huge interest in the visits already and limited spaces available, my recommendation would be to register as early as possible to avoid missing out.”
Agents wishing to take part in a ship visit can register for a space via: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/IrelandShipVisits2019
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- WATCH: Highlights from 2019 ITAA Conference in Cordoba - October 19, 2019
- Newcomer Aimsir in Kildare wins two Michelin Stars - October 7, 2019
- Ryanair annual passenger numbers pass 150m for first time - October 2, 2019
- Ryanair confirms capacity up 1pc and 4 new routes for Ireland for summer 2020 & 3 winter services to continue - September 25, 2019
- All Thomas Cook flights cancelled at 01.00am September 23rd 2019 - September 23, 2019