- Ryanair adds 45,000 extra seats on Cork routes
- New Naples service to start a month early
- Airline aiming for 1.1m passengers at Cork next summer
Ryanair has added additional return flights to France, Italy and Spain for its Summer 2019 season out of Cork Airport. And the airline’s new summer service to Naples will also launch a month early due to demand.
Over 45,000 extra seats will be added to routes across Barcelona Girona, Barcelona Reus, Bordeaux, Carcassonne and Milan Bergamo, for travel between June and August 2019.
The new 2w service to Naples, originally due to commence in July 2019, will now run from June to August next year.
Niall MacCarthy, Managing Director at Cork Airport, said: “Today’s announcement to extend these very popular summer sun routes underlines the ongoing investment Ryanair is making in their extensive network from Cork Airport.
“These destinations offer Ryanair customers in Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Waterford, and the entire South of Ireland region, the opportunity to enjoy a great summer holiday next year while experiencing the award-winning customer service synonymous with Cork Airport.”
Ryanair’s Summer 2019 Cork schedule offers 18 routes, with the airline aiming to deliver 1.1m customers through Cork Airport next year as it grows its Cork traffic by 20pc.
Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said: “With the weather getting colder, it’s the perfect time to start planning a summer escape and Ryanair is pleased to launch extra flights from Cork during June and August 2019.”
In 2019, 2.6m passengers are forecasted to travel through Cork Airport, up 7pc on this year.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020