- Visitors from 18 countries affected
- Cost of visa on arrival fee is to go from 1,000 baht to 2,000 baht (25e to 50e).
- Effective from September 27
The single use ‘visa on arrival‘ (conditions here) is having its fee increased from 1,000 to 2,000 baht. The visa removes the need for those in countries without visa waiver agreements with Thailand to apply for a tourist visa in ones home country, and it is for stays of up to 15 days. The Foreign Ministry has said that this increase will make the fee closer to what people from Thailand travelling to other countries must pay.
Visitors from Ireland will not be affected by this change. Countries affected are Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritus, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Taiwan.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020