- TIFCO to build 400 bedroom hotel
- Arora runs three hotels at Heathrow
DAA has shortlisted the Irish hotel group Tifco and London-based Arora Hotels for a contract to design, build and run a 400-bedroom hotel linked to the airport’s Terminal 2.
Tifco and Arora have been selected from nine parties that submitted expressions of interest in the €100m hotel earlier this year. The seven parties to lose out are understood to include the quoted hotel group Dalata, property company Tetrarch and billionaire John Malone’s MHL Hotel Collection.
Tifco owns or manages 24 hotels and is the second-largest hotel group in the country. It is backed by Goldman Sachs but is in the process of being acquired by the US private equity group Apollo Global Management. Arora operates three hotels at Heathrow airport, including a 605-bedroom Sofitel, and has two hotels at Gatwick airport. It does not have any Irish properties.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020