- Visits up 6pc
- Spend up 10pc
Tourism Ireland exceeded its target by 4.6pc in 2018 to reach a record 11.2m visits, up 6pc on 2017 and more than the anticipated 10.8m. Combined tourism spend was €6.1bn, slightly ahead of the anticipated €6bn.
The Fill your Heart with Ireland campaign will roll out in the coming weeks in Britain, France, Germany and the USA.
At a briefing in the Tourism Ireland offices today, Niall Gibbons said access announcements for 2019 augur well for the continued success of overseas tourism.
Target for 2019 is 11.67m visitors, up 4.5pc, and spend of €6.5bn, up 6pc.
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Brittany Ferries deploys extra MV Connemara rotations for Cork-Roscoff Pont Aven bookings - May 29, 2019
- Ryanair April figures up 10pc to record 13.5, rolling annual now 142.3m - May 2, 2019
- Visitors from Britain in March down 5.49p on pre Brexit levels - April 25, 2019
- TRAVEL Extra’s Sunday Supplement: Norwegian drop Cork and Shannon trans-Atlantic amid B737 Max meltdown - April 21, 2019
- Limerick positions itself as a gateway to Wild Atlantic Way as it pushes for 1.1m visitors - April 16, 2019