- Aer Lingus passenger numbers up 9.3pc in August
- Growth matches Ryanair as both Irish airlines thrive
Aer Lingus passenger traffic in August 18 was up 9.3pc on August 2017 with passenger load factor up 0.7 points to 88.0pc. Cargo carried was down 18.2pc in IAG August 2018 Traffic Stats.
Four the fourth month in a row,Aer Lingus did best in passenger volume growth and it achieved the biggest load factor gain.
For IAG as a whole, August performance was very similar to July ith passenger traffic was up 7.0pc with a 7.6pc increase on International European routes and an 9.3pc increase on North American routes. The Group passenger load factor was 87.0pc, up 0.5 points, with International Europe at 87.7pc, up 0.4 points, and North America 86.5pc, down 0.4 points. Cargo was up 0.4pc.
BA passenger traffic was up 4.7pc and passenger load factor was 86.4pc, up 0.3 points. Iberia passenger traffic was up 7.9pc and plf was 86.4pc, up 0.3 points. Vueling passenger traffic was up 6.0pc and plf was 90.7pc, unchanged.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020