- No more free checked bags with cheapest fares
- Three classes of economy fare, eco budget, eco standard, eco flex.
Air Transat will no longer include a free checked bag with its cheapest class of fare. The airline says it has “standardised” its economy fares for its transatlantic destinations to “allow the flexibility to change or cancel a flight for free or for a nominal fee”.
Air Transat revised its lowest‑priced fare, Eco Budget, so it is no longer include a free checked bag or the possibility to make changes or cancellations, to “align its flexibility conditions with those of the airline industry.” Passengers booking an Eco Budget as of October 2, 2018, for flights as of April 1, 2019, will be charged a fee for their first piece of checked baggage of 23 kg.
Passengers who opt for Option Plus will be given more benefits in economy class, such as a checked bag free of charge, complimentary seat selection, priority check-in at a dedicated counter, priority boarding and baggage handling, as well as other onboard benefits.
Customers can also opt to fly in Air Transat’s Club Class 12-seat cabin. In addition to complimentary seat selection, customers get a checked baggage allowance, more space on board, as well as priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling.
Club Class passengers will receive a comfort kit, welcome cocktail, a wide selection of wines, soft drinks and snacks, as well as food from the Chef’s Menu by Daniel Vezina.
The three economy options under the revised structure are:
- Eco Budget: No changes or cancellations; no checked baggage included
- Eco Standard: Changes and cancellations with fees; one checked bag included; free standard seat selection
- Eco Flex: Changes and cancellations for free; two checked bags included; priority services at the airport; any seat selection, based on availability