- Celebrity wants to homeport full season in Dublin
- Target is 2020 and 2021 if that is not successful
Celebrity Cruises intends home porting a ship in Ireland in 2010, and is considering a full season should the numbers justify it.
Jo Rzymowska told a briefing for 28 key members of the Irish travel trade in the newly opened Ivy restaurant in Dawson St that results would determine the decision, after a successful 5-turnaround mini season by Celebrity Eclipse saw 70pc of embarking passengers orientate in the USA. “we had 15,000 embarking in Dublin this year. I want to turn that to 30,000 in 2020, and if I don’t succeed we will do it in 2021.”
Celebrity will return with another ship in 2019. Valerie Murphy. Jo Rzymowska and Michael English of Celebrity Cruise Line updated the trade on progress with Celebrity Edge, due to launch in six weeks.
- Watch here full speech by Jo Rzymowska at the event.
- See more pictures here or connect with the album on Facebook.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020