Cork Airport is up against Krakow Airport, Southampton Airport, London City Airport and Franport in Bulgaria the running for the ACI Europe Best Airport Awards.
Cork – which hosted the ACI Europe conference in the Fota Island Hotel & Resort last week – has been nominated for the “Best Airport Under 5 Million Passengers” category. The winner will be announced in June at the ACI Europe General Assembly in Paris.
The awards recognise excellence and achievement across a wide range of disciplines relating to airport operations. All nominees are assessed by a panel of expert judges.
“As well as new and expanded routes, we have worked hard to maintain our award-winning passenger experience. As part of these efforts we have overhauled our food and beverage offering at the airport in recent weeks and we are looking forward to refurbishing our Business Lounge later this year. For Cork Airport to be nominated for such a well-respected and international award shows that that we are more than holding our own amongst the best of the best in aviation and international air travel.”
The announcement comes after the first new WOW air services to and from Reykjavik on onwards to ten North American destinations took off last Friday.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- ‘Our conduct does not harm consumers in Italy or anywhere else’ - September 21, 2023
- Ryanair wanted to charge €60 to carry a camán on board a flight from Manchester to Cork - September 20, 2023
- Should Ireland join Schengen? These are the 38 points in the ITIC plan for Irish tourism. - September 19, 2023
- ‘Irish tourism is not expected to recover to pre pandemic levels until 2026, behind other sectors’ - September 19, 2023
- Club Travel profits ahead, sales behind 2019 - September 17, 2023