- Giants Causeway award highlighted by Tourism ireland
- Replica giant won best stand feature at WTM
Tourism Ireland won the award for best stand feature at World Travel Market in London for the giant which overhang the reception desk at the stand.
The giant is to mark Giant’s Causeway’s selection as best region by Lonely Planet in their Best in t6faravel selection for 2018.
The giant is perched on some replica Giant’s Causeway stones, to attract selfie famns among visitors to the show.
The show in Excel in London is attended by 51,500 travel professionals from 182 countries and regions around the world and 3,000 international media.
This year, 70 Irish tourism enterprises – including hotels, ferry companies, visitor attractions, coach hire companies, incoming tour operators, activity providers, and hostels exhibited at the Tourism Ireland stand. A
According to the organisers of WTM, €3.4bn worth of business was done at last year’s WTM.
Niall Gibbons, CEO of Tourism Ireland, said: “Our aim is to capture the attention of the influential travel trade and media from around the world attending WTM this week, to convey the message to the world that there has never been a better time to visit the island of Ireland. The award is good news indeed as we kick off our marketing drive to grow overseas visitor numbers in 2018.”
Picture shows David Wood and Cormac Ó Suilleabháin of Tourism Ireland accepting the award for “best stand feature” from Jonathan Hull of World Travel Market.
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- ‘Our conduct does not harm consumers in Italy or anywhere else’ - September 21, 2023
- Ryanair wanted to charge €60 to carry a camán on board a flight from Manchester to Cork - September 20, 2023
- Should Ireland join Schengen? These are the 38 points in the ITIC plan for Irish tourism. - September 19, 2023
- ‘Irish tourism is not expected to recover to pre pandemic levels until 2026, behind other sectors’ - September 19, 2023
- Club Travel profits ahead, sales behind 2019 - September 17, 2023