- Group owns The Grand Central Hotel, Culloden Estate and Spa, Europa hotel, Stormont hotel, Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, Everglades Hotel and Ballygally Castle.
Hastings Hotels is investing almost £2m (€2.2m) in staff training to boost the hospitality offered across the Group. The investment will be supported by business development agency Invest NI.
There were an estimated 4.9 million overnight trips in the North in 2017. Overall, Belfast city centre offered an an extra 1,170 hotel rooms last year after a boom in development.
Last June, Hastings Hotels opened its latest property – the 23-storey £53m (€60m) Grand Central Hotel. With 300 bedrooms it is the North’s biggest hotel.
The MD of Hastings Hotels, Howard Hastings, said: “People are our greatest asset so naturally the ongoing training and development of our staff is of the utmost importance. This is a very exciting time for the hotel industry and we want to ensure Hastings Hotels has the infrastructure and services in place to take advantage of future opportunities.
“Tailored development programmes will be implemented across all levels of the business over the next four years, including our Executive Management, Supervisors and our Rooms and Catering teams. We want to ensure that our people have the opportunity to pursue a career in the hotel industry and avail of the prospects it can open up for them.”
Niall Casey, Director of Skills & Competitiveness, Invest Northern Ireland, added: “Hastings Hotels is a leading provider of Northern Ireland hospitality and we are pleased to be supporting this family business invest in the development of its 1,000 strong workforce.
“We have offered Hastings over £400,000 towards this investment which will increase its capacity and performance and contribute to the continued growth of our vibrant tourism industry.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020