- Fridays: Dep Snn 21.00 arr EMA 22.05
- Dep EMA 19.20 arr Snn 20.35
- Mondays: Dep Snn 08.20 arr EMA 09.25
- Dep EMA 06.40 arr Snn 07.55
Ryanair is to fly 2w from Shannon Airport to East Midlands Airport in England as part of its summer 2019 schedule.
The service will run from April 5-October 25, providing 22,000 seats in total. Shannon said its passenger numbers this year are up over 30pc from when it separated from Dublin and Cork in 2013.
Andrew Murphy, Shannon Airport Managing Director, said of the new service: “It builds on a very strong year with the commencement of our new Barcelona-Reus and Bristol services with Ryanair and the recent announcement of a first ever service to Ibiza from Shannon, and confirmation that the popular Alicante service will be operated year-round.
“East Midlands will be a great service for families who wish to visit the hugely popular Alton Towers theme park, or couples or friends wishing to visit Nottingham or Derbyshire, two wonderfully historic and scenic parts of England. And then there’s the sporting aspect to it, with the likes of Leicester and Nottingham Forest in football and Leicester Tigers in rugby.”
Matthew Thomas, CEO, Shannon Group said: “2018 has been our best year in over a decade and that is down to our determined commitment to provide the best possible service and experience for our passengers.”
Latest posts by TravelExtra (see all)
- TRAVEL Extra Remains Open for Business - April 26, 2020
- Irish Travel Agents Association announce upcoming events for Autumn 2020 - April 21, 2020
- Updated return to cruise dates - April 17, 2020
- Future of Aviation - April 15, 2020
- Travel Extra May 2020: Surviving the crisis - April 8, 2020