- Doolin pier dispute over portacabin
- Clare Co Council granted injuction
- Claims over unauthorized development
Clare County Council secured a High Court injunction restraining the use of a portacabin office at Doolin Harbour for the sale of ferry tickets on the grounds that it had been erected without planning permission.
Justice David Keane granted the order on Thursday and placed a one-week stay on the injunction coming into effect to allow sea and coastal ferry-owners Dick Grant and his company, Sarahfenn Limited, and Liam O’Brien and his company, Baid Farantoireachta an Chosta Teoranta, to secure another location.
James Connolly SC, counsel for Clare County Council, said the provision on the pier of an “unauthorised cabin structure” was a matter of great concern for the local authority which was protecting the public interest through the planning regulations.
Helen Quinn from Clare County Council’s planning, economic development and tourism department, said that there had been a history of enforcement action taken by the planning authority with respect to unauthorised developments undertaken by various rival ferry operators.
The injunction is to remain in place until the dispute has been resolved by the High Court,
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020