- Partnership with Dine Aware
- Will tackle food allergy standards
Celebrity Cruises unveiled its new food allergy standards as part of its allergy programme. Changes to its restaurants, dining programmes and activity offerings, are due throughout the rest of the year.
Celebrity will introduce a partnership with Dine Aware from November 2016. Dine Aware facilitates food allergy and intolerance communication and experiences an claims to make a difference in the dining experiences of cruisers with special dietary needs.
Celebrity announced latte art as part of “an enhanced culinary programme.”
Blendtique, first announced in July, is a wine-blending class that will allow passengers to become a “vintner for the day”, creating unique wine blends which can be bottled onboard and customized with personalized wine labels.
Passengers will be able to post their custom blend to friends and family at home. Celebrity’s wine-blending at sea is now offered onboard Celebrity Solstice, and will be available cross the fleet by the end of 2016.
Celebrity is also planning Ripple Maker, which prints personalized images and photos on espresso drinks like cappuccinos and lattes.
Other culinary improvements announcedby the line over the past 18 months include
- Exclusive embarcation day lunch in the main dining room for Concierge Class passengers;
- Passengers sailing to Alaska can now enjoy fresh, locally sourced Alaska king crab available at the Mast Grill daily, paired with Alaskan craft beer like Alaska Brewing IPA, Pale Ale, Amber Ale and White Ale as part of Celebrity’s “Deliver the Destination” program;
- Chef’s Market Discoveries in 40 regions led nay the chef, allow passengers to experience local fare on land and culturally inspired dishes onboard;
- Sushi on Five replaces creperie Bistro on Five, featuring an a la carte menu with handrolled sushi, fresh wasabi grated tableside, housemade soy sauce, plus a variety of starters and entrees paired with Asian-inspired cocktails, Japanese beers and sakes recommended by a sake sommelier;
- Celebrity Cruises’ Italian-inspired ristorante and enoteca, Tuscan Grille, now features a new menu drawn up by Chef Cornelius Gallagher, Celebrity Cruises’ Michelin-starred culinary lead. The menu features 100% homemade pasta, artisanal salami and cheeses, USDA prime dry-aged steaks, as well as Celebrity’s own spin on Italian regional favourites. Sip hand-crafted, Italian-inspired cocktails, house-made limoncello and choose from the wine list dedicated to the wine-growing regions of Italy. The new Tuscan Grille will be rolled out to the entire fleet by the end of Summer 2016
- Riedel Glassware will be Celebrity’s exclusive glassware in its main dining rooms, by the end of 2016.
- The Sky Observation Lounge now offers new cocktails prepared bystaff trained by the world’s best flair bartender, Christian Delpech
Latest posts by Travel Extra (see all)
- Tourism Ireland CEO Niall Gibbons origin of icons going green for St Patrick’s Day - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: Update on Tourism Ireland from CEO Niall Gibbons - February 20, 2020
- WATCH: tourism minister Brendan Griffin - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Visit Derry roadshow @Fitzwilliam Hotel - February 20, 2020
- WATCH Amadeus host the trade@Peploe’s - February 20, 2020